Horsethief Travel Management Plan comment period ends June 14, 2021!
Let the BLM know you support
with some modifications
See our Horsethief Page for more details: www.taosmtb.org/ht
Taos Mountain Bike Association (TMBA) creates, enhances, and protects riding opportunities in and around Taos County and Northern New Mexico. We are backed by the International Mountain Bicycling Association, and are committed to organizing riders and advocating for mountain biking locally and regionally.
- We create a powerful voice for trails, public lands and management policies that welcome bikes.
- We advocate for mountain bike access and acceptance nationwide.
- We build sustainable trails and bike facilities to make mountain biking more accessible.
- We teach environmentally responsible trail building and trail etiquette practices.
- We inspire more people to experience the outdoors on bicycles.
- We educate bike groups on how to organize and make mountain biking better at the local level.
- Or at least, those who braved the forces of nature were rewarded. Taos area mountain bikers and their families descended on the boulders of Tres Piedras for two days last weekend. In conjunction with the Carson National Forest Tres Piedras …Read More »
- We’re looking for a few more TMBA members to join the annual Trail Master Training hosted by the Carson National Forest. When: May 15-16 What: A classroom portion (BOTH in person or via Zoom) followed by a field session on …Read More »
- Join us for our season kickoff at Tres Piedras on May 22nd – 23rd! We’ll be helping the Forest Service clean up the Aldo Leopold trail before exploring the area with some rides, and generally enjoying being outside on and …Read More »
- Meeting Time / Location: Sunday May 02, 2021 • 9am at KTAO to carpool, or • 10am near WEST trailhead (in Wild and Scenic Rivers rec area – see details below.) Ride Type: • Intermediate with some expert technical options …Read More »