Taos Mountain Bike Association (TMBA) creates, enhances, and protects riding opportunities in and around Taos County and Northern New Mexico. We are backed by the International Mountain Bicycling Association, and are committed to organizing riders and advocating for mountain biking locally and regionally.
- We create a powerful voice for trails, public lands and management policies that welcome bikes.
- We advocate for mountain bike access and acceptance nationwide.
- We build sustainable trails and bike facilities to make mountain biking more accessible.
- We teach environmentally responsible trail building and trail etiquette practices.
- We inspire more people to experience the outdoors on bicycles.
- We educate bike groups on how to organize and make mountain biking better at the local level.
When you ride in Northern New Mexico, please respect the local cultures, the people, and the spiritual sites you may encounter.
It’s easy for you to become a member of our IMBA chapter. Simply register using the link below, and select Taos Mountain Bike Association as your chapter.
On this site you can find out more about the projects we are involved in, connect with us, and learn about the riding opportunities that exist in the area.
Events: 2nd Tuesday Social
Tuesday 11th April.. and every 2nd Tuesday of the month.
6-8 PM: The Burger Stand at Taos Ale House for beers, burgers, and bike talk.
Find out about trail conditions, group rides, ongoing projects and more. Swag giveaways and promotions.
Season Kick-Off Event
Thanks to everyone who came along to our Season Kick-Off event, Sunday March 26th at the TCA:
TMBA kicked off the 2023 season with a screening of the film ESPERANTO, the latest MTB release from Teton Gravity Research. (Full Details and Trailer)
The Movie was preceded by a reception and expo in the foyer as well as bike & gear donations to 3 Kids in the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program.
Great way to get the season started now that the snow is receding.